It’s time for 2 more granny squares, in the crochet-along making a yarn stash busting crochet blanket that is perfect for beginners!
Why is this granny square blanket perfect for beginners?
Well luckily for you – I have a super slow, absolute beginners video tutorial to show you exactly how to make a granny square.
Granny squares are the perfect beginners project as:
- They are very repetitive, meaning you get really good, really quickly!
- They only use 3 stitches. (Chain, Double Crochet (USA terms) and a Slip Stitch)
- New stitches are made into “Spaces” rather than other stitches, so it’s really easy to see where you need to place them
So onto the crochet- along. Week 2 already, and still using up the yarn stash, and time for 2 more crochet colour combinations.
Here are the squares for this week.
I still find it pretty amazing how using exactly the same colours, you can get a completely different looks to square, just by changing the order!
Sounds silly, but as it’s completely obvious, but they all look so different!
Rounds 1-2 Denim
Rounds 1-2 – Turquoise
If you want to save this for later – Pin this pin below – so you’ve got it safe.
See you next week for week 3.
Join me at Off The Hook For You to share your crochet!
Thanks for visiting – I’d love to stay connected with you so please sign up for my email list where a free PDF pattern is waiting for you (just so you can see what my PDF patterns are like).
Finished one of my crochet pattern makes? I’d love to see it and so would the world, so get sharing! You can find me in the following ways:
- Join my new Facebook group
- Share a picture on Instagram and tag me #offthehookforyou
- Share your projects on Ravelry
- Share your projects on LoveCrafts
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small commission from if you choose to click and purchase anything from. You pay the same price, I get a very small amount for sending you their way. It helps me to make my crochet patterns free on the blog.