Here you can find week 8’s patterns for a bright colourful mindful granny square blanket.
This is a great beginners project as it uses granny squares – which are super easy to make, and great to practice some basic crochet stitches.
I love a granny square – and think they are the perfect beginners project.
Granny squares are the perfect place to start with crochet for a number of reasons.
- They are very repetitive, meaning you get really good, really quickly!
- They only use 3 stitches. (Chain, Double Crochet (USA terms) and a Slip Stitch)
- New stitches are made into “Spaces” rather than other stitches, so it’s really easy to see where you need to place them
Another week in lockdown for us, plenty of time to crochet, so I’ve been playing with Innocent drink hat designs as well as granny squares!
Week 8 already.
You should already know the deal my now, but if you’ve just stumbled across my blog and want to play catch up,
Save the pin below to get back to this post later
Granny Square 15
2 rounds midnight
Granny Square 16
2 Rounds Turquiose
Join me at Off The Hook For You to share your crochet!
Thanks for visiting – I’d love to stay connected with you so please sign up for my email list where a free PDF pattern is waiting for you (just so you can see what my PDF patterns are like).
Finished one of my crochet pattern makes? I’d love to see it and so would the world, so get sharing! You can find me in the following ways:
- Join my new Facebook group
- Share a picture on Instagram and tag me #offthehookforyou
- Share your projects on Ravelry
- Share your projects on LoveCrafts
This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small commission from if you choose to click and purchase anything from. You pay the same price, I get a very small amount for sending you their way. It helps me to make my crochet patterns free on the blog.